EU close to climate deal
The Irish Times has reported that leaders of the EU member states are today close to agreeing a timetable for action on climate change.
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso hinted at the economic effects of failing to act quickly enough, given that the US government is ramping up efforts to develop low carbon technologies. leaving Europe exposed to the risk of missing out on technological innovation in what is destined to be an enormously lucrative market. We must hope that an Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, who is representing Ireland at the talks less than a week after delivering green-tinted rhetoric at the Energy Forum , is taking notes.
Last modified on Thursday, 13 March 2008 17:59
- Thermal breaks webinar - watch online
- Free thermal breaks webinar: architectural expression vs building physics
- Inside the UK’s largest passive school
- Prestige Aluclad supplying passive Viking windows nationwide
- Munster Joinery publishes first Irish window EPD
- Ecocem gets €22m investment from Bill Gates's climate fund