Alliance for Sustainable Building Products opens awards for entries
This article was originally published in issue 31 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The awards programme recognises construction projects that exemplify excellence in sustainability through their products, design and delivery. Submissions are judged by members of the ASBP board, who have expertise from across the construction industry, and assessed against the ASBP’s ‘six pillars of sustainable construction’: health and well-being, resource efficiency, whole-life carbon, ethics and transparency, technical performance, and social value.
The ASBP said that last year’s inaugural awards were a huge success, and that the judges found the assessment process “uplifting and inspiring in equal measure”. The six shortlisted projects from the ASBP Awards 2019 are featured as case studies on www.asbp.org.uk.
This year, the ASBP Awards judges are looking for exemplary sustainable building projects with a particular focus on:
- building products essential to the success of the project, with evidence of their performance;
- measured performance data for the project and explanation of what the results show;
- lessons learned from the project and what could be done differently;
- replicability/buildability – design and construction approaches utilised on the project that have potential for replicability and adoption at scale.
The ASBP Awards 2020 are free to enter and open to construction projects, both new-build and retrofit, from across the UK built environment sector that were completed by July 2019. Interested entrants can see full entry criteria, FAQs and submit their project for free until 30 September 2019 via the ASBP website.
Judging will take place in October 2019 with the shortlisted projects being announced in November 2019. Shortlisted entrants will be invited to present at the ASBP’s fourth Healthy Buildings Conference and Expo, which is set to take place on Thursday 27 February 2020 at Amnesty International's HQ in London.
“The shortlisting process last year was extraordinarily difficult due to the exceptional quality of the projects entered. We look forward to hearing about many more inspiring, sustainable building projects submitted for the ASBP Awards 2020,” said Gary Newman of the ASBP
- Radon in passive houses
- Pecking order - Award-winning passive house makes an elegant mark on the South Downs
- Nine out of ten PH+ UK readers have made decisions based on articles
- BEAM launch new app for easy MVHR control
- Highland Warrior - Scottish passive house built with innovative local timber system
- Zero in - Inspired design offers route to net zero energy living