SMET picks up small business award
SMET Building Products, which supplies a wide range of products for low energy and fabric-first construction, picked up the award for best small business at the Greater Newry Business Awards, organised by Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade, on 28 September at the town’s Canal Hotel.
This article was originally published in issue 23 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The award was presented by Patrick Anderson, chief financial officer of Translink, which sponsored the category. “We are over the moon,” said Joris Smet of Smet Building Products. “There were over 500 local business representatives in attendance in the Canal Hotel and the super organisation of CEO Mary Meehan and her team meant the night was flawless.” Smet’s range of products includes external wall insulation systems, floor screeds, plasters, renders and more.
- Cambridge choses passive house comfort for Kings’ College students
- Pitch perfect - Beguiling Dundee passive house puts wood into woodland
- Climate action plan sets embodied carbon targets for construction
- Poor ventilation a Covid risk in 40 per cent of classrooms, study finds
- Sligo deep retrofit delivers warmth, light & mountain views
- Above the curve - Limerick passive house showcases precision timber engineering