TEDx passive house talk now available online
Passive House Plus editor and publisher Jeff Colley’s TEDx talk on the passive house standard is now available to view online.
This article was originally published in issue 40 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
Colley gave the talk, titled ‘Virtuous luxury: how passive houses can improve your life and help the planet’ at the TEDx Tralee event held in Kerry’s county town last October.
Colley said: “The message was that climate action doesn't have to involve sacrifice — it can actually improve your life. And there is no better example of this than passive house, as some of the surprising stories I share from those living in passive houses demonstrate.
“The default assumption that climate action is necessarily hard and expensive, and is going to make our lives worse, must be challenged. We need to get better at telling positive stories about climate action, so that we can reframe the debate, and show how profoundly beneficial it can be to make meaningful, environmentally-friendly decisions.”
- Lifting retrofit out of its silo
- The 1980s: A renewable revolution undermined
- Let’s bring ventilation in from the cold
- “Sustainability must be embedded at all stages of a building’s life,” says David Browne of RKD
- ESG: a game changer for sustainable building?
- We must take radical action on whole life carbon