UK Passivhaus Awards winners announced
The winners of the Passivhaus Trust's 2015 UK Passivhaus Awards were announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday night. The awards aim to celebrate the design and performance of passive house buildings in the UK.
The winners, in each of three categories, were as follows:
Small projects (sponsored by Kingspan Insulation UK): Steel Farm, by LEAP, a passive house in Northumberland designed in the style of a traditional local farmhouse.
Mark Siddall (right) of LEAP picking up his award for Steel Farm
Large projects (sponsored by Munster Joinery): Wilkinson Primary School, by Architype, a passive house school in Wolverhampton
The team from Architype picking up their award for Wilkinson Primary School
Retrofit project (sponsored by Ecology Building Society): Cre8 Barn, by Green Building Store, the retrofit of an old Yorkshire barn to the Enerphit standard.
Bill Butcher (left) of the Green Building Store collecting the firm's retrofit award for the Cre8 Barn.
The full list of finalists is available here. Detailed case studies of all three projects have previously appeared in Passive House Plus magazine.
Passivahus Awards photos by Andrew Perrin.
- Ashden Awards winners showcase climate solutions
- Big picture - New Zealand rural passive home
- Podcast: what we've learned from 20 years in green building mags
- 45,000 more Irish homes face radon risk, new maps reveal
- Passive house 30 years on: qualified success or brilliant failure?
- Major new grants for retrofit & insulation announced