Green Building Store launches new energy model service
Green Building Store has announced the launch of a new service that is now included at no extra charge in its product packages.
This article was originally published in issue 31 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
Green Building Store customers purchasing triple glazed windows or doors together with an MVHR system can now avail of energy performance modelling of their building at no extra charge, subject to terms and conditions.
“The service is designed to help the company’s clients to understand the energy performance of their project and to achieve the best in energy efficiency,” said Green Building Store director Bill Butcher.
“This is part of Green Building Store’s commitment to helping its customers make their buildings energy efficient and ensure they find the most appropriate products for their project. The service involves the modelling of clients’ projects in designPH, to provide a basic model of their house in the Passive House Planning Package PHPP.”
The service is particularly aimed at those concerned with energy efficiency, but not intending to reach advanced energy standards, such as passive house or AECB building standard. It will give a good indication of the performance of the building without the fully detailed modelling in PHPP required for those standards.
Green Building Store said the service will help its customers:
- find the projected energy performance of their self-build project;
- understand any overheating issues so that they can be addressed at the design stage;
- predict heating costs and enable customers to choose the most suitably sized heating system for their project;
- choose appropriate products – for instance to work out which windows (and U-values) are best for the project;
- discover if the building has scope to achieve building standards such as AECB, Enerphit or passive house.
For more information go to: www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk/energy-performance-modelling/
- Radon in passive houses
- Pecking order - Award-winning passive house makes an elegant mark on the South Downs
- Nine out of ten PH+ UK readers have made decisions based on articles
- BEAM launch new app for easy MVHR control
- Highland Warrior - Scottish passive house built with innovative local timber system
- Zero in - Inspired design offers route to net zero energy living