Lidan win National Enterprise Award
Modular timber frame manufacturer Lidan Designs has won the Future Focus Award at the 2021 National Enterprise Awards.
This article was originally published in issue 37 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The awards, which took place virtually on 11 February, were broadcast online from the Mansion House in Dublin, and are in their 22nd year, with the award presented by enterprise minister of state Damien English.
The judges singled out Lidan for their energy efficiency, low carbon footprint, innovation, overall sustainability and scalability.
Lidan specialise in the delivery of modular timber buildings to high standards of sustainability. Notable previous projects have included a parks building for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council which met the NZEB standard while delivering the lowest embodied carbon score Passive House Plus has yet published, due to a combination of lean manufacturing, and a concrete-free design combining a cellulose-insulated timber structure sitting on ground screw foundations.
- Partel launches new Acraline Roll adhesive
- Retrokit tailors software platform for one-stop-shops
- Techrete aims for net zero carbon by 2030
- EPDs key to reducing embodied carbon – Munster Joinery
- Top 5 questions about specifying structural thermal breaks
- Kilsaran launch lower carbon cement with CarbonCure